Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Fall TV Preview: 5 New Shows to Watch

1. Ghosted - I will watch ANYTHING with Adam Scott in it. ANYTHING. So far, the commercials don't really look very funny but I still have hope. I mean, it's a buddy comedy about investigating paranormal activities STARRING Adam Scott.

2. 10 Days in the Valley - I don't really see how this show can continue after season one, considering the whole premise takes place over 10 days - after a woman's daughter is kidnapped. But, the premise of the first season sounds promising. Plus, I adore Kyra Sedgwick.

3. Kevin (Probably) Saves the World - I'll give this show a chance because of Jason Ritter. He was so great on Parenthood and he reminds me so much of his father. It seems like a super cute, wholesome show, and sometimes that is needed, especially in these current times.

4. The Mayor - Ok, this show looks kind of dumb and unrealistic, but unfortunately IT'S TOTALLY REALISTIC. So weird, the world we live in. Anyway, I want to watch this show for one reason: Lea Michele. I'm upset that she still hasn't taken my advice of going back to a starring role on Broadway (where she belongs), but she does have absolutely perfect comedic timing so this has potential to be really funny.

5. Mindhunter - This is the only new show that I'm truly looking forward to, which is good because I watch SO much television. I limited myself to only picking 5 new shows this season, and honestly that was hard to do, but in the opposite way that I expected. Honestly, this Fall season of television looks rough. The other 4 shows I picked are only on my list because of their stars. And while this show has the benefit of Jonathan Groff and Anna Torv (one of my television favorites), it's not the only reason this is on my list. The reasons it's on my list are: It's a Netflix show, David Fincher is heavily involved (as Executive Producer and Director on 3 episodes), and it's about psychological studies of serial killers. I'm all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment