Monday, November 21, 2016

Holiday Movie Preview: 5 Movies that I am Excited About

1. Jackie -  (12/2) I've heard wonderful things about Natalie Portman's portrayal of Jackie O, most critics are saying she's a lock for a best actress nomination. I believe them because when Portman is "on", she is fucking terrific (for example: Black Swan). I'm excited to see it, just for her performance, but also because Jackie's story is fascinating.

2. La La Land -  (12/9) This looks spectacular. A musical starring the dream team of Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, combined with that glamorous old Hollywood feel, I just simply can't wait. It's already received strong reviews, and Oscar talk. I have a feeling it might be my favorite movie of the year (*crosses fingers*).

3. Office Christmas Party - (12/9) I just really like the cast - Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston (I really wish these two would star in a tv sitcom together. Wouldn't that be wonderful?), Courtney B. Vance, Olivia Munn, T.J. Miller. I've seen a few commercials, and it seems like it could be a fun holiday movie.

4. Fences - (12/25) "Directed by Denzel Washington" is all I really needed to know, but "starring Denzel Washington and Viola Davis" is icing on the cake. A reprisal of their roles on Broadway, in which they both earned Tony awards for, is sure to be fantastic.

5. Live By Night - (12/25) Written, Directed and Produced by Ben Affleck - I am looking forward to this the most, because he's never let me down (as an actor, now that's a different story). Argo, The Town, and Gone Baby Gone are all among my favorite films. I'm hopeful that this movie meets the high standards that he's set for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment