Friday, February 6, 2015

Spring TV Preview: 5 Shows to Watch

1. Better Call Saul - Oddly, I'm not that excited for this show. Like many people, Breaking Bad is my favorite show ever. I like Saul, as a character. He's funny, skeezy, morally grey and interesting, but I don't know....a whole series? I don't see that being that good. Plus, it has such high standards to live up to - it's almost impossible to live up to that. I will watch it, though, just because I'm interested to see where this character started; and who from the Breaking Bad universe he encounters.

2. Allegiance - It looks like a complete copy of The Americans, but I want to watch it anyway. The Americans is a fantastic show; actually, one of the best on television right now. I don't think Allegiance is going to be nearly as good because it seems like it wants to have more mass appeal (being on network television, and all). Plus, apparently it's based on an Israeli show, so I guess I can't accuse it of "copying" The Americans; instead it's just a direct copy of a show because Americans are too lazy to watch non-American shows. Also, I like Hope Davis. I'll give it a shot.

3. The Slap - What a ridiculous title. And so literal. The catalyst for the show is "the slap", but I hope the show is about more than that. I mean, it has to be. I think it's going to dive deep into the way one moment can change your entire life. Otherwise, I can't see it attracting THAT much talent. The cast is ridiculous. Peter Sarsgaard, Thandie Newton, Zachary Quinto, Uma Thurman, and my favorite among the cast, Melissa George (a.k.a Lauren from Alias). The commercials have been so dramatic so far, it's almost funny. I guess we'll wait and see.

4. Secrets & Lies - Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Ryan Phillippe. Oh and Juliette Lewis. FUCK YES! (I've been in love with Ryan Phillippe for 19 years. 19 YEARS!)

5. American Crime - I don't know much about this show - just that it stars Felicity Huffman (and that's enough for me to give it a shot), and that it's about a racially motivated crime, which is relevant to the current state of America. Also, it's been given the coveted Thursday night time slot on ABC, and they have been hitting some home runs with their Thursday night shows. I'm in. I hope it delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment