Friday, June 18, 2010

4 Reasons Why I Would Recommend "The A-Team"

I wouldn't say "The A-Team" was a great movie, but it was a decent summer movie. I would recommend it to anyone who just wants to see a fun summer action movie. Here is why:

1. It was better than the trailer - The trailer basically made the film like the cheesiest piece of crap ever - I rolled my eyes at the idea of another crappy 80's re-make. I don't remember The A-Team show other than Mr. T saying "I pity the fool" and I don't know anyone that was awaiting a film version (as you can see from the low box office numbers...). However, the film wasn't that cheesy at all - it even seemed to be making fun of itself. Aside from a few awkward lines that felt forced, the movie had a nice balance of campiness and grittiness.

2. Cooper and Sharlto - It's worth the price of admission to watch Bradley Cooper as an official A-list blockbuster star. He does a great job as the smug "face" of the group - plus he is often shirtless. I also, enjoyed Sharlto Copley - this is only his second acting gig (after his egregiously under-awarded performance in District 9) and he was perfection. I admit I probably would not have enjoyed the movie at all if if wasn't for these two actors.

3. "Timing is everything" - The action was non-stop and intense. I liked the action sequences because they were all about timing - which seemed to be the theme of the movie itself. There were these chain reaction type sequences that were so intense and fun to watch. Nothing in these action sequences can go wrong because as the films log line states: There is no plan B.

4. Low expectations - if you go in expecting the worst - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment