Sunday, August 30, 2009

11 Films I Want to See This Fall

I have to admit, the fall movie schedule looks pretty bleak. However, there are some films that peak my interest...

1. All About Steve (9/4) - Obviously. Bradley Cooper and Sandra Bullock. Comedic match made in heaven.

2. Extract (9/4) - The trailer doesn't really look that funny, nor does Ben Affleck as a stoner. Yet, it is written by Mike Judge and has a dream cast (Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis, J.k Simmons, Clifton Collins Jr and Kristen Wiig!) so I have high hopes for the film.

3. Jennifer's Body (9/18) - I already wrote about the trailer, which is the whole reason why I have to see this film.

4. The Informant (9/18) - I don't know much about this film, other than it involves Matt Damon gaining a lot of weight, is directed by Steven Soderbergh and has Joel McHale in it. That is all I needed to know.

5. Brief Interviews with Hideous Men (9/25) - It is written and directed by John Krasinski (Jim from The Office). I am excited to see what he has to offer. Plus I really like Julianne Nicholson.

6. The Invention of Lying (9/25)- Ricky Gervais is a comedic genius - so a film written, directed and starring him has to be the funniest movie of the fall.

7. Whip it (10/9) - When I first heard about this film, I thought it sounded completely ridiculous (roller derby? really?), but the trailer makes the film look cute. Plus, I enjoy Drew Barrymore.

8. New York, I Love You (10/16) - This is the film that I am most excited to see this fall simply because I adored Paris Je T'aime tremendously. It was a collection of short films about the heart and soul of Paris, I expect the NYC version to be just as good. Plus the cast is ridiculous...Bradley Cooper, Shia LaBeouf, Natalie Portman, Rachel Bilson, Christina Ricci, Ethan Hawke, Chris Cooper, Julie Christie, Orlando Bloom...seriously the list goes on forever.

9. The Road (10/16)- I was excited to see this film last fall when it was supposed to be released. I don't remember much about it, but i do remember it looked good...

10. Broken Embraces (11/20)- Penelope Cruz and Pedro Almodovar's fourth collaboration. So far, they just keep getting better with each film.

11. Nine (11/25)- I enjoy a musical when it is done well (i.e Chicago), so I am looking forward to another great one. I also want to see Daniel Day Lewis sing and dance, because I simply can't picture it.

some notable films absent from my list -

1. Surrogates - Hasn't this film been done already? A.I, I Robot etc.. Plus Bruce Willis looks creepy and not in a good way.

2. Couples Retreat - First of all, Jason Bateman overload (3 comedies in 2 months)- the other 2 films look funnier. Second, the trailer is not funny at all. Third, I don't like Malin Ackerman.

3. Where the Wild Things Are - I'm probably the only person my age who is not excited by this film. Although I might see it anyway...I mean it is Spike Jonze.

4. New Moon - I still haven't seen Twilight! I know, I know...it's in my netflix queue somewhere.

5. 2012 - Is this really necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment