Saturday, July 4, 2009

3 Reasons Why "The Proposal" is the Perfect Film to See With Your Mom and Grandmother


1. The lovable Sandra Bullock - I don't want to be too repetitive, but I love Sandra Bullock! She is back to what she does best and she is as adorable as ever. Plus, she looks better than ever - and naturally beautiful not botoxed and surgically enhanced like other over 40 "girl next door" actresses (i.e Meg Ryan, Renee Zellweger..).

2. It's good, clean fun - I can't really say that I really laughed out loud, but my mother and my grandmother did - which made me happy. It is rare for a film these days to appeal to three different generations. It had no sex scenes, obscenities or violence and yet was completely entertaining. See...it can be done.

3. Romantic Comedy done right - I'm not really a fan of this genre, but there are few that I really enjoy - 2 Weeks Notice and 13 Going on 30 come to mind. I think I enjoyed this film because it was more about human behaviors and perceptions about each other than the actual love story. Sandra's character Margaret Tate is a complete bitch, however once we realize why she is this way she is she becomes completely vulnerable and we sympathize with her. I appreciate the love story because it is about a couple who get to know each other and then to their surprise fall in love rather than a love story about 2 strangers falling in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment