Wednesday, March 25, 2009

4 Thoughts on "Sunshine Cleaning"

For the most part, I enjoyed "Sunshine Cleaning". Here are some of my thoughts on the film...

1. The acting was better than the story - Amy Adams & Emily Blunt transcend this film. They both give emotionally stirring, profound yet subtle performances. Without them, this film probably wouldn't be worth watching.

2. It's similar to "Little Miss Sunshine", just not as good - It is from the same people, starring Alan Arkin, featuring a beat-up van and a dysfunctional family but it's not as gripping as Little Miss Sunshine was.

3. They showed too much in the trailer - I probably would have enjoyed the film better if I didn't know the entire film. I hate when that happens.

4. Clifton Collins Jr. is another underrated actor - He always creates memorable characters. I would expect nothing less from another Alias alum. He was only on 3 episodes, but I've followed his work ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment